Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > Hobby Lobby > Random Pictures Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hemp
Descent3 God

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:29 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

The f'N 5d is the bomb grats on the 14mm.

DBB Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:04 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I've never seen finches eat regular bird seed before. Who knew?
MD-2389
Insane!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:56 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Pun wrote:
I've never seen finches eat regular bird seed before. Who knew?

Dude, I've got a rather large feeder in my back yard. Between the finches, sparrows, and red-wing tipped blackbirds, they empty the damn thing in a day. Though some of it does land in the grass under-neath the feeder, which the doves inhale over the span of a couple days.
Perediablo
Ace

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:02 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Shot of the school of art courtyard here at Texas Tech. Taken with my Samsung Mythic cell phone. I can't afford any of them fancy pitcher takers nsht.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:07 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

nice quality for a cell phone. if that is the art school building, it doesn't tell by its looks. it could use the application of art of some sort Wink
Grendel
Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:15 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I like it, great shot.

Insane!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:40 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Having lunch at Cracker Barrel with my grandmother. She turns 94 in July.

Perediablo
Ace

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:40 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Floyd wrote:
nice quality for a cell phone. if that is the art school building, it doesn't tell by its looks. it could use the application of art of some sort Wink

That's actually the Architecture school. My back was to the art school. They share the courtyard.

It's a vertical panorama shot. I think it was like 3 shots stitched together. the phone does the stitching as well. Lots of cool features on this phone.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:35 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

DBB Staff

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:31 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

That looks like kirigami. You make?

Grendel
Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:04 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

No, wasn't me. It's a piece of sheet metal cut and bend. Most likely made in china... Here's another view of it:

Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:25 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Some stuff from yesterday.

Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:51 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Insane!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:30 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Grendel wrote:

You like dim der arachnids. Great stuff... that lens you have is incredible.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:18 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

i like panorama, made that one around 2008 on an iceland volcano.

DigiJo
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:21 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

one more, same location.

DigiJo
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:24 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

last one, made about 500km east at a fjord near the coast.

TheWhat
Insane!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:00 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

DigiJo wrote:
one more, same location.

Thats really cool.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:16 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

TheWhat wrote:
You like dim der arachnids. Great stuff... that lens you have is incredible.

Thanks. Got to use it a bit today, here are some of the more interesting ones.

Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:02 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Happy 4th !

Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:31 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

"The Fly"

Insane!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:59 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Grendel wrote:

"The Fly"

Whoa

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:30 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Ladybugs in different stages of life.

Ace

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:42 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

wow..amazing photography skills man! Great stuff!

If you're gonna bluff, be prepared to strike..fast, hard and often..leaving nothing undone.

RIP Dad Ben Thompson Jan.6,1941-May5,2009
Grendel
Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:11 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Thanks Smile

Since I didn't go anywhere interesting this weekend (even couldn't go to the DaVinci Days Sad) I spend some time in the yard.

More lady bugs.. (*)

Enough of those, now for something different.

"The OTHER Fly"

Some plant life.

And finaly -- in case you're wondering, this is how the 1st pic got taken.

(*) Some of the plants around were pretty badly infested w/ aphids so I got a bag full of lady bugs. They do quite well here...

Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:18 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Meet the harvestman:

While I was taking his picture I noticed something moving, turns out he had a buddy (looked like a mite). So meet the harvestmans parasite:

The 1st shot is a 360x240 crop of the big picture blown up by 200% (plus some heavy contrast, no noise red., and massive sharpening), 2nd one a similar crop from a different picture. Really points out the limits of the lens, the big shot is a 1:1, closest the lens can do. Now I'm pondering getting a more serious macro.. Smile

Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:10 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Random stuff, playing w/ the old 40D and a 50mm f/1.4.

DBB Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:41 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Damn that DaVinci days looks awesome too. Sorry you missed it. Hell I'm sorry >I< missed it and I live 3000 miles away...as the ornithopter flies Wink

Grendel
Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:39 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Yea, would have been some funky photo ops :/ Feel free to visit next year Smile

I found some pics I took the last few years, not really up to par but good for a glimpse.

Ace

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:11 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Poor color, spatial positioning and composition incorrect, no clear subject, focus out and blown exposure highlights....apparently someone was DRUNK when they took these photos Exclamation Mr. Green

If you're gonna bluff, be prepared to strike..fast, hard and often..leaving nothing undone.

Grendel
Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:59 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Let's see what you make of this Razz

While I was heading back to my car yesterday I walked by a back alley. Normally that's nothing unusual, happens every block when getting around in downtown Corvallis -- this time I really "looked" tho, drove home, grabbed a camera, and went back... Since it was early evening the light was a bit uncooperative, so I decided to go HDR. Here are some preliminary results for your enjoyment Smile

Ace

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:44 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

the last one looks computer generated??

My fav' is the "crowbar" pic Smile ...all nice tho'.

Pun
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:37 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Wow, that's amazing. What is it? It looks like a Counterstrike map.
roid
Inane!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:03 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

it's HDR
(High Dynamic Range)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:05 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Yea, the alley's were dark and lit very uneven. So I took 3 shots per picture for High Dynamic Range rendering. The HDR picture is then tone mapped to a LDR (ie. "nomal" color range) picture that was fairly evenly lit w/ some extended luminosity for further processing. Most of the "funky" look comes from that last process Smile

These were taken w/ the 14mm lens free hand BTW. Planning on going back w/ a 24mm lens and a tripod to check how that will work.

View previous topic :: View next topic